Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday already

This week went by really fast! It is hard to believe that it is Saturday night already. It was a busy week and I am tired! I don't have as much time to write tonight as I like. I am working on totaling up the orders for our school's (Arlington's that is) "spirit wear" orders. Myself and another gal on the PTO volunteered to put together all the spirit wear stuff for our school, and now the orders are in. We got 160 things ordered - we think that is great! Anyway, it is taking up most of my free time this weekend to get it together. But that is fine!

The week was good. The babies are home with the grandparents this week, and Arlington is taking the bus from the house. So a break from the germs for a little while, which is nice. Every thing returns to normal on Tuesday when my parents leave to go home. I am sure the babies aren't going to want to go back to school at first after being spoiled for so long!

Thursday was a long day of work for me. I had several meetings and left right after school to attend an asthma conference with my fellow school nurses. It was a really good conference and I am glad I got to go. After that, we all went out to dinner and had a really great time. We were at dinner for about 3 hours just laughing and joking around! We have a really great time together. I didn't get home until 10:30 pm!

Friday was the LAST of my screenings at school! I did a big HOORAY!! The kids are so cute. Some cute things they said:
(When I turn the lights out and tell them to sit still because it is dark): "I can see in the dark Mrs. Pletcher. I have x-ray vision." OR "I can see in the dark -my eyes glow in the dark". Both boys, of course!

We have a circle as something for them to identify on the eye chart. There is also a cup. Last week I had a couple of kids call it a tire and a cheerio. (the cirlce). This week they called the circle an "eye". Okay.... And then one child saw the cup, and when I pointed to it, he said "afternoon tea cup". Where do they get this stuff???

I also had a kid tell me that his skin was itchy because he had blood just like a frog. Explains a lot I told him.

Today was Arlington's first day of basketball. She did great! That is the majority of my pictures below (or maybe all of them, I can't remember!). It was from 9-10:30. It will be that every Saturday until February. She had a great time, and of course her best bud "K" was there! That always makes it more fun for Arlington. But she did great and I think she had a lot of fun. The bouncing of a million basketballs in a very echoey gym can get to you after awhile, though!

The babies are doing great. Cold free at the moment. Cainan said to Finley yesterday, "no touch brother". It was cute.

Arlington and Finley had dentist appointments on Thursday. Good reports. Finley has two baby teeth fused together. Dentist told us it is genetic, so who knows! They think her adult teeth will come in normally. What a weirdo.

Finley also had an eye doctor appointment on Friday. My mom took her. The eye doctor was very rude, so we will be scheduling another appointment. I don't think he sees very many little ones and it showed. I am going to take her to a pediatric eye doctor instead next time. Anyway, we will be making another appointment because Finley does seem to be having a problem seeing. It seems that she has a lazy eye. He did a test that she failed that showed that her left eye doesn't turn in like it should when she is focusing close. She doesn't see close up. We are to do some eye exercises to see if it gets better, and he believes the exercises will prevent us from having to do surgery. But that is why we are seeing another doctor. I see what he is saying, but I want to do further exam to make sure nothing else is going on and exactly what else we may need to do. So that is to come!

So that is all for now! I am sorry this is so short, but enjoy the pictures and I will see you Tuesday! I forgot to charge my camera and my battery was really low, so the pictures are not great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen--I love your blog and the pics of your cute family! Krista K