Saturday, February 21, 2009

Potty Training and Pedicures

Potty training is going surprisingly well with Finley. She is doing awesome - she has actually been in underwear the last two days during the day and has had only one accident. Cainan, is doing.....not awesome. He does actually go in the potty at least once a day, so to his credit that is something! But he just isn't that ready. We will keep trying, but I am keeping my goal of August with him. Finley has stayed dry up to 7 hours at a time during the day. So funny! One day I put her down at nap at 1pm - dry. Woke up, didn't have to go, went out to eat and she didn't go until 7:30pm that night. Crazy!! And she is going all night dry. I am calling her a success.

We have had a fun rest of our vacation. I cannot believe tomorrow is our last day before we return to work and school. It was a fast week. My parents arrived on Wednesday afternoon and we have been busy doing house projects and playing with the kids all week. We have eaten out every night which has been a nice treat! They go home tomorrow but will be back in mid March for another visit! I appreciate the help, no doubt.

I have gotten a few things done. Mat and I are finally hanging some pictures around the house after almost one year in this house. It is definitely time. We got a few up before we ran out of picture hangers, so we will continue tomorrow. My dad has fixed all the nail pops in our office and we have repainted that (same red, just a fresh coat). I have worked a lot on Arlington's quilt and pillows for the girl's room. So it has been a successful week!

Arlington is doing well. She had yet another small birthday party with my parents who brought gifts from them and other family and friends. We celebrated that small bit on Wednesday. Then today my cousin's from New York, Kirsten and Alissa, came for a visit (a SURPRISE one for Arlington and my parents at that!) and we went to get Arlington's nails done. She got a pedicure and a manicure. She had a blast. She loved the pedicure the best and she picked some wild colors for her nails. I took some pictures. Kirsten and Alissa joined her in the fun and got their nails done too. We were at the salon for about 2 hours and she had a blast. Then this evening we went to dinner at a yummy Italian restaurant before the girls headed back to the city. It was a really fun day and we are all going to bed tired tonight.

So that is the quick wrap up. I would write more, but I am beat. I will be better on Tuesday once I am back at work. Here are a few pictures and I will see you Tuesday!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Isn't winter recess wonderful?! I loved the pedicures. I had fun doing some catching up. I hadn't seen your blog in a while. Best wishes!

Thelongs said...

Bradyn using the potty is sporadic but he does well when he's interested. Hang in there- Cainan will have it before you know it! Looks like pedicure day was fun!

Tara Bennett said...

The pedi pictures rock! I'm so jealous!

The Kovalls said...

Must be nice to get free labor and restaurant meals! Jealous!

Arlington's nails look adorable!