Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fun in Pictures


We have had a change of weather. Will it stay around? I am really not sure. But this past weekend was really beautiful and we were able to get outside! So I took some fun pictures while we were out there.

Sunday Arlington had a birthday party in the afternoon. She had a great time. It was a small party of just a few kids, so that was nice. The BEST part was, she was able to stay herself, so I got to come home and get a few things done while she enjoyed being with her friends. While she was there, my parents and I swept the garage and raked the leaves in the yard. Both of those jobs made a huge difference. I am looking forward to having more and more warm days to get yard work done. I am looking forward to the flowers coming back. Speaking of which, I saw this today on our rhodadendrums while I was working outs side:

Blooms! Yay! That probably means pretty soon my Star Magnolia tree should be getting all the beautiful flowers it gets in the spring. Last year we missed it because we hadn't moved in yet.


Sunday we also had the kids outside for a little while before dinner. They had a great time. Arlington got to ride her bike, Finley got to try out her new tricycle she received for Christmas from her Uncle Zac. Thanks Uncle Zac – she loved it!! Cainan rode around in his “Flinstone mobile” that he received from our neighbor, Michelle. Thanks Michelle – those little cars are great!! Here are a few pictures from our time outside. The kids didn't want to come inside. They were having a blast. Fresh air does them so much good.
Arlington has been obsessed with FedEx lately. Not sure what started it, but she points out a truck every where we go, and she asks how fast they are, and if we send things FedEx, etc. Sunday we had this conversation:

Arlington: How Fast is FedEx?
Me: Pretty fast, why?
Arlington: do they send letters as well as packages
Me: Yes, they send a lot of different things
Arlington: how far away is daddy?
Me: Where are we going with this?
Arlington: I want to send daddy the picture I made him FedEx
Me: well, daddy is going to be home in a few days, you can just give it to him then.
Arlington: no – the picture says “I miss you”
Me: I know. You will just have to wait until he returns
Arlington: but it doesn't say “I missed you”. It will be too late.

She is a hoot. She wanted to mail the picture to her daddy. She is really missing him. She has been crying just about every night. Something is always up. She doesn't do that when he is here. Sunday I gave her photo albums to look at during her “reading time” before she falls asleep. I wasn't thinking. That really set her off on the “I miss daddy”. Oops. My bad.

Monday was chaos at work. The kids did not want to be there and I saw around 50 kids that day. It is nice to say that is RARE for me these days, so it wasn't so bad. It was a revolving door of small things. I was beat by the time I came home from work. I have one little girl that these days comes to see me daily with the most minor thing. She is just so cute and quiet, that I have a hard time being stern with her. Her arm will be hurting, her leg, she will be itchy, etc. I can never find anything wrong with her and everything always “just started”. I am a softy heart, what can I say? I am going to a conference this summer for School Nurses and my coworkers told me I need to look for a lecture on “how to be meaner”. They are SO funny.
Today was fun because it is St. Patrick's Day. I am not Irish, and never really know when St. Patrick's day is (and don't care) but it was fun for the kids. My kid's daycare and Arlington's Kindergarten has been talking it up and so Arlington was excited today. Last night Arlington asked if Lucky the Leprechan was going to be visiting us and leaving a treat. I guess daycare started that one!! So this morning, she woke to find that Lucky had left them green bagels;


Green shamrock straws (to drink green milk)

And three gold dollar coins!

That was good enough for her. (thank goodness). This was a first for our house – we have never had a leprechan visit before.

School was fun today – especially in the Kindergarten classes. The 3 Kindergarten teachers, and the kids, had set traps for Lucky the Leprechan last night to try and catch him. This morning they came into a room that was wrecked with stuff everywhere – but no Leprechan. They loved that. Very clever.

Tonight is PTO. I am going to post before the meeting. I am looking forward to going. I always like to see what it going on with the school. Hopefully we will have a good turn out. I am not hopeful because I is St. Patrick's day and apparently I missed the memo on this being right in line with Christmas as a big holiday.

Mat comes home in two days! He has decided to change his flight so he will be home midday on Thursday instead of late night. I am THRILLED. We really miss him and will be glad to see him soon!

I will see you Saturday!!!

2 comments:

anymommy said...

Cuties. I love the green bagels. So glad to hear that potty training is progressing nicely (in the previous post!).

Tara Bennett said...

Wow those green bagels rock! What a great idea! =) As always your kiddos made me smile!