Monday, October 12, 2009

A Crazed Sports Fan

Well, a crazed hair one anyway.

Don't you love this hair do? It fits her personality to a T.

Sunday we were all decked out in our Steelers gear ready for the game.



Which, of course, was not playing on TV in Connecticut. Ah well.

But they won, so yahoo for that!
This is what we say to anyone who is not a Steelers Fan:

The kids have been getting catalogs in the mail already filled with toys. Christmas catalogs. In October.

They were all over this one today. Each child had a pen in hand - circling every toy on every page, of course.

Arlington took the liberty of reading them the prices and the age requirements and the details of the toy. Then, after they decided it was STILL something they wanted, she wrote their name beside it.

So, that went well. The catalog quickly disappeared to the unknown regions of the garbage can.
When they weren't looking, of course. No worries. They will get about 1000 more between now and the end of November.

I wanted to show you a picture of Finley' that might interest all of you.

This is how Finley looks at things up close. She uses basically one eye to see what she needs to.

The best part is - she has no idea that what she is doing is odd at all. She will do it with just about anything. A cup of water, a book, anything she wants to look at closely.

Just wanted to give you some insight. It isn't easy to capture it in a photograph.

Monday the kids and I stayed home from school because it was closed for Columbus day. We had a pretty uneventful day. I had plans to take them outside and play and enjoy the backyard because that time is winding down. But our lovely neighbor had spoken about a bear that was possibly sighted in the neighborhood.

So, I decided that indoor play, away from windows and doors, was probably the best option. Or moving.

Just kidding. About the moving part. We didn't go outside. Today I had kind of forgotten about the bear as I marched down to the bus stop to meet Arlington. Then I heard a weird cracking noise coming from the trees and remembered about our friend.

I am a very big chicken.

Monday we used our babysitter for the first time. Well, I should say I used her. I had a doctor's appointment smack in the middle of the afternoon, so instead of carting 3 kids, or having Mat come home from work early, I called her and over she came. She is really great, and I am glad we have made the step to getting a babysitter. She is a school teacher, so she will be off when we are, which helps! Arlington adored her, and was sad she was only here for a short time.

Tonight is Daisy Scouts for Arlington. This is their first meeting of the year. We went on a hike with the Daisies on Sunday, which I think Arlington enjoyed. She likes walking around in the woods, and she had fun with her friends. I went along as the CPR certified mommy. Lucky me. But I did get to chat with some mommies and even met a new Kindergarten mommy who lives on our block. So that was pretty fun.

I think that is the end of my completely random post. Oh except today we had a 1/2 day for students in my district. My morning was filled with meetings from 9-1, and then I left the building for a nurse's meeting from 1:15-2:30. So I wasn't in my office for more than 20 minutes today to see students and I STILL saw about 15 kids. Isn't that amazing? They came in droves before my first meeting at 9am, and then I saw a few here and there while I was in meetings. Crazy day.

I had to take a picture of Cainan this morning because he was just looking so cute and grown up.

Of course, after I took his picture, princess Finley insisted I take her picture as well. She and her disheveled self. She had been dressed about 5 minutes - she has marker on her cheek and hands, and had untied her bow on her pants.

AND - for those of you who are following our VisionWalk progress, we have made $2300 so far! Isn't that amazing? I have absolutely wonderful family and friends. If you still want to donate to our Finley's Fighters Team, it is not too late. Click on the words below:
FINLEY'S FIGHTERS
Right now we are the 5th highest donating team! I am so excited to be able to do this walk on Finley's behalf, and for all of you who are family and friends in the Pittsburgh area - don't forget! Next year, we expect you to walk with us!

Take care everyone, and I will see you Saturday.

2 comments:

The Kovalls said...

We are not Steelers fans. What do you have to say to that???

Thelongs said...

I think about finley each day and pray that there will be a cure for her. The kids are so cute and growing up!