Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Weather outside is.......

We are still waiting on the verdict. We were supposed to have snow at this moment, but we don't. The weather channel is calling it "Blizzard 2009". I understand there is a lot of snow falling......somewhere. Arlington was supposed to go to a birthday party this afternoon, but the family canceled it just in case.

(see Cainan's skeptical face?)

So here we are - after 5pm, and still no snow. The weather folks said "oh!!! It is going to start at 11am!!!! Get your supplies!!!!". Uh, okay. Toilet paper? check. Bread? Check. Milk? Check. Sanity? Uh, I'll get back to you on that one.

We have been watching out of our windows all day long - waiting for that first flake of our third snowfall of the season. Me? I wish it would just pass us by completely. Mat? He hopes we get 2 feet. Right now the prediction is down from 24 inches to about 15, so that is an improvement.

I can tell you this - it is bitter cold. The wind is blowing. Mat went out for our dinner (he is such a good guy) because I didn't want to put one toe outside today.

Arlington did have a playdate today, and she and the VTs had a great time with "J". "J"'s mom came over this morning for us to go over some Daisy Scout stuff. I reluctantly agreed to be the "cookie manager" this year when my friend Karen (whom I love dearly - which is why I was suckered) asked me to do that job. I went to a meeting this past Sunday on how to sell Girl Scout cookies, and I panicked a bit. It is a bit more work than I realized, so Karen offered to help me. Anyway - she came over this morning so we could go over it and we chatted for a few hours. After that, her daughter came over the play with Arlington and we kept her (the daughter) for a few hours to play.
Then "J"'s dad came to get Arlington and "J" and took them to a little Christmas party where they got to see Santa, and eat goodies, and brought home some reindeer food. So, Arlington is wiped out.

Today I have done a little vegging on the couch. I never get to do that, but Arlington and the VTs were entertained by "J", Christmas presents are wrapped and under the tree:
Our house keeper was here yesterday, so the house is clean and laundry is done (yes, I am THAT spoiled).

So, I got a chance to relax. Well, in between breaking up some arguements, feeding 4 kids lunch, getting two VTs to bed, and getting Arlington dressed in her outdoor wear to go with "J". You know - a good day.

Speaking of our tree......did you notice it now has presents under it?? All that is left is for Santa to visit!! I had the kids help me put the presents under the tree today. This always satisfies their curiosity about what is in them. At least for a few days. They have a chance to squish, shake, squeeze all of their presents and take turn guessing on what is inside. It was a lot of fun. Arlington has already picked out her favorite. :) There is ONE present of hers that isn't under the tree because it won't stop meowing for me to bring it down. Apparently I wrapped her Fur Real Kitty in the "on" position becuase every time I touch it, it starts to purr and meow. So, it will have to stay hidden.


Tomorrow at church is supposed to be the Christmas Cantata. I think it will take a miracle for us to get out tomorrow, but just in case, Arlington is practicing her little singing part. She and the rest of the children and the regular choir are singing and they gave us a CD and music to practice. Should be interesting.

By the way - this is what Finley looks like when her mother won't let her eat her weight in marshmallows.Don't you feel bad for her? Yeah, me too.

So that is all! We are going to spend the week watching Christmas movies, baking cookies, and getting ready for Christmas day!

See you Tuesday!

Update: Church has been canceled for tomorrow. So no Cantata! We will be singing on the 27th.


1 comment:

The Kovalls said...

You mean Mommy - give that girl some marshmallows :-)

Hope the snow continues to miss you. I swear - weather people are totally useless!