Saturday, July 10, 2010

A post all his own

I realize that Monday was Finley's birthday, so she got a post just for her.  Tuesday Arlington had done something fun, so she wanted to post it on the blog - so that post was all her.


So today is Cainan's day.

 Cainan is turning more and more into a boy every day.

 His newest passtime - jumping off the couch pretending he is Spiderman.


 Yes, yes.  I know this is not a safe activity.  I don't love it.  But he still does it.



Cainan is still our earliest riser.



But he is also our quietest.  He gets up, goes to the potty, then goes back to his room to play without disturbing a sole.



He loves to tell people he is Chinese.  He will tell complete strangers.  I am glad he is proud of his heritage.


We are coming up on our three year anniversary of having Cainan as part of our family.  As of August 13th, it will be three years since the first time Mat met him.  Amazing.  I cannot say enough about how different he is now.

 I still remember the first time we saw his little face.  He was 10 months old, and those big brown eyes were shining back at us from the computer screen.  Here he is just a few days old - just arrived at the orphanage:

We have this outfit to show him someday.  His earliest clothes.

It is like he has always been with us.  We can't imagine our family without him.


I love the fact that we will get to watch him grow, turn into a wonderful young man.  That he will always be a protector of his sisters.

I hope he always stays the gentle soul who loves to eat.  I hope he continues to become more and more outgoing and confident in himself.  I always hope he has good friends he can count on.

 I hope his worries stay small and his dreams grow big.  That he realizes that we support him no matter what.

We love you Cainan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay - even though this post is about Cainan, our BBQ for Finley is only 1 week away.  I have to say - we are going to have a WONDERFUL turnout!  I cannot believe the response!  Remember that walk-ins are welcome.  But if you think you can join us - please let us know!  Please go HERE and sign up.  OR - you can sign up using this little form right here on the blog.




See?  Wasn't that easy?  You fill it out, and I get a private message that you RSVP'd.  And you didn't have to leave your comfy couch!!

We are going to have wonderful food!  For the kids we will have face painting, balloon animals, hula hoops, crafts.  Each family will get a Finley's Fighter's magnet, and each person can get a bookmark with their name brailled on it.  I am bringing the brailler.

There will also be information about the foundation and about Finley's diagnosis.  We will be happy to answer any questions.  Finley and our family can't wait to see you!  It is from 12-4 - open house.  Come any time - stay all afternoon or just a little while.  Your choice!  Just come and join us!!

And we hope that many of you will walk with us in October.  We hope to have the biggest team.  We know how many of you support our family in finding a cure for Finley.  And we thank you.

I have been asked to speak at the Pittsburgh Foundation Fighting Blindness luncheon on August 7th.  I hope to tell them then about all the wonderful support our family has, and how much easier this has been for us because of all of you.

I will see you Tuesday!

No comments: