Tuesday, August 31, 2010

School Days

The 2010-2011 school year has begun for my kids!

 I still cannot believe it is time for school.  I felt like I just cleaned my room and said goodbye to the kids in my district, and here we are with a new year.

 Arlington and the little ones started school on Monday.  Arlington is in 2nd grade this year.  She has had a great first two days of school already.

She loves her teacher, and has a nice group of kids in her class.  I hope her excitement to go continues everyday.

Finley and Cainan are in Pre-K.

 Finley is in her same class as last year.  Today she saw her best little friend who she has missed dearly all summer.


Cainan is in his same class from last year.  He also has his same little best friend as last year.  So both kids are very happy.

Mat put Arlington on the bus the first day of school.  I had to be at work, unfortunately, and couldn't stay.  I was glad Mat was able to see her off for her first day.

Arlington came home very excited.  We played at her friend B's house for awhile (and Athena and I had a chance to chat), and then we went out to dinner with the whole family.  Arlington told us every detail of her day during dinner.

Tomorrow my kids in my district come for the first time.  I had a chance to see many of them this afternoon when they came in to see their new teachers and have an ice cream party.  I got a lot of hugs and had a chance to talk to many of the kids about what they did over the summer.  Some of them have really grown.  I am excited to see them tomorrow.  This year's second graders were in Kindergarten my first year, so it is fun to see how far they have come since then.  I will be really sad when they go off to middle school!

 So the year is getting started.  We have a lot planned this year.  We have known about Finley's diagnosis for a whole year now.  We have many fundraisers coming up (stay tuned) to raise money for our new RDH12 Fund.  Yes, the Fund is becoming a reality.  We have started the process and we are so excited!!!  So now it is time to get research going to save Finley's sight!

 Don't forget, as always, to check out our website HERE (www.finleyfighters.com).  And the VisionWalk is only 1 month away!  October 2nd will come quickly, so if you are walking with us, please order your shirts.  And we appreciate everyone who is fundraising for us - you are all amazing!

Enjoy your week and we will see you Saturday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone's first day of school outfits look so cute!! Happy school year guys!!! love Grammy and Papa