Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Little of This, Little of that

Things are busy as usual around the Pletcher house.  Another week has started - the last one in October 2010.  Hard to believe.

 It is unseasonally warm right now.  I have mixed feelings about it.  It is comfortable, but I have no idea how to dress the kids for school.  It is in the 50s in the morning and in the 70s by the afternoon.  I am sure this will be short lived and soon I will be wishing for days like this.

 We raked the leaves this past weekend and now it looks like we never did it.  Our tree in our front yard is playing games with us.  It had almost all of its leaves on Saturday and I looked at it and gave it the evil eye.  Then it dropped all of its leaves yesterday.  Devil tree.

Arlington lost another tooth.  I think we are up to 7?  She like that because she is 7 years old and she has lost 7 teeth.  she has two more that are loose.  If she doesn't start getting more adult teeth soon, she will have to be on an all liquid diet.

 She really looks like a vampire now.

We took the kids to the toy store Sunday afternoon so they could get an idea of a few things they would like for Christmas.  That was a crazy idea.  We have it every year, and we never learn.  Arlington came home and made a list of 1-100 of her favorites.  O.K.

 Finley wrote her list.  I was proud of her because she wrote all of her words the right way.  She is getting pretty good at spelling.  Her list was kind of all over the place, but cute all the same.
 (I cannot get this to turn around- no idea why.)
 Cainan made a picture of a toy he would like.

 It is from Toy Story 3 - Dr. Porkchop.  He draws a pig better than he draws a person.  He worked really hard on it.

Arlinton wore her hair in braids today.  It took me 15 minutes to do before school this morning.  She better be grateful.

 Finley drew all over her face with a pen.  She was supposed to be circling things, but instead she was coloring herself.  She is awesome like that.  So......I gave her a pencil instead.

 Finley has also tatooed herself.  I should have taken a picture of that one.  She was in the bathroom the other day and came out with 4 tatoos on her arm.  And they all belonged to Arlington.  That was not a pleasant evening.

Today I got Finley's glasses repaired.  She tends to play with her glasses and poke her eyes (an LCA thing) and she knocked off one of the little nose pieces.  So for $3, Walmart fixed them.  I still hate Walmart, but I hated them a little less after they fixed her very expensive glasses for $3.   And I got to educate them on LCA.  So it was a win/win.

 My parents are coming in a few days and will be spending a long weekend with us.  We are looking forward to that.  We are going to do some fun fall activities, support our school, and eat a lot of apple pie.  It is going to be awesome.
My computer is broken.  Hence the pictures in this post that have not been through my beloved Lightroom.  I am blaming Mat.  He didn't speak nicely to it earlier and didn't realize how sensitive it was, and now it is not speaking to either of us.

Our new dishwasher came today.  This time, dent free.  We will be installing it as soon as we learn how.  But it looks pretty.  It WANTS to wash my dishes.  If only I was a plumber.

Have a great week!  Happy Hallloween!  Oh and PS - the Finley's Fighters website (www.finleyfighters.com) is having a technical problem tonight.  If you have clicked on the email address on the Links page, and sent me a message, I am not getting it.  Mat is working on it.  Go to the subscribe box right below it instead and send it that way!  I am not ignoring you - we are having a glitch.

No comments: