Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The week that is about to get crazy

Tomorrow Mat has a day trip to Boston.  This means that he has to leave super early in the morning and won't be back until well after bedtime.
The thing I dislike the most about these days is trying to get the kids to and from school.  It is a bit of a challenge, and requires perfect timing to get everyone where they need to be on time.  I am looking forward to next year when everyone will be in the same school.
Anyway - we have to leave here at 6:45am to make sure I have the littles to school by 7:15am.  Then I need to turn around and take Arlington to her sitter's house by 7:45.  Then I need to be at work at 8:15.  I know, poor me.  Then after school I have to get Arlington off the bus, swing down and get the littles around 4:30 and we are home around 5pm.  It is a bit of a mad rush.
On top of the running, tomorrow is Finley's IEP.  I am looking forward to having it in place for next year, and getting it over with.  But it is an extra step in an already busy day.  I have to make sure everything is wrapped up at work before I leave for the day (I had to take a 1/2 day for the IEP).
And even BETTER?  Arlington has a softball game tomorrow night.  Yep - that is how we roll - never home.  Her game starts at 5:30 and she has to be there at 5pm for warm up.  And the littles will be joining me for that fun.  Yay.
Thursday - Mat is in Boston again.  Guaranteed someone will get sick or injured on this day.  Always happens when he is away.  And no, I didn't just jinx myself.  It will happen whether I say it or not. 
Even though the morning routine is the same, the relief will come in the afternoon.  My mom and aunt arrive to give me a hand.  Thank goodness because Thursday is crazier than Wednesday.  Cainan and Arlington have their enrichment class and Finley has horseback.  And they are at the same time.  And without Mat, that would be........interesting.  So I am glad for the help from my mom and aunt.  They will be rewarded with dinner.  On them.
 Friday - breathe.
Saturday - Finley's pancake breakfast!!!  Yay!!  If you are local (or semi-local) please join us.  9-11am.  $10/person, $25/family.  All profits go to RDH12 Fund for Sight for Finley.  There will be yummy pancakes, and bacon, sausage, juice, fruit, coffee.  And good times!!  So please come and support our cause.  Take out will be available!!
 After that - Mat and I plan on tackling the basement.  What you say?  It isn't done?  Umm.........no.  Close.  We have to put on the trim.  We kind of got side tracked.
So crazy times ahead, but the week will go fast and we will be one week closer to summer vacation!  34 more school days after today.  Yay!

No comments: