Thursday, October 13, 2011

Running on empty

This week, my mom and I have been keeping busy morning until night.  Cleaning, organizing, and just getting general things done.  I made some blankets for my new nephew and have been working on the braille items in the evenings.  So by the time we go to bed, we are exhausted.

But the house looks great.  The basement is a wide open canvas now that all of the stuff has been put away and cleaned up.  The garage also got a facelift of organization - and the last of the boxes and paper are going out with the trash tomorrow.  There is only one more area to tackle - our detached garage.  But that is all for Mat.
We took the kids to dinner tonight to celebrate getting the house done, but even better - now no longer owning two houses.  That is right - we don't have our Connecticut house any more.  While I would love to tell you we sold it to the one of the last 4 people who came to see it this week, I cannot.  Pfizer has acquired our house as of today, and a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders.  Not having two houses to worry about is going to be so nice.
Today I went to the book sale at our local library.  It is no where near as great as the one in Salem (which we will be going back for later this month) it was pretty nice.  I came home with several great books for the kids and even a small pile for Mat and I.  For $30 I think I got 60 books - so, pretty awesome.  The kids spent hours looking through their books this afternoon, so it was a win.

I took Finley's glasses in to be fixed today.  She broke off the nose piece on her good pair of glasses - again.  This is the second time, and the girl who fixed them told me that they are almost bent beyond repair.  It is very sad.  We will probably be looking for a new pair for her very soon.
Disclaimer: she doesn't have her glasses on because the restaurant was so dark she couldn't see even with them on.

Tomorrow I take my mom back to the airport.  It has been fun having her here all week.  Mat's parents drive in tomorrow to take her place until Mat returns after the weekend.  I am grateful that I have such great parents and in-laws to help keep me company while Mat is away.

No comments: