Monday, March 12, 2012

Whew

I have finished our second quarterly newsletter!  Mat is doing the final touches for me tonight (hint hint Mathew) and it should be ready for me to print/get the printer to go out in the mail later this week.  It was a big job, but it was fun.  I love that we are able to provide these updates to all of our donors, friends, family, supporters, etc.  It is a nice way to get the word out and update everyone on the foundations progress in a nice little neat package.  And we hope when you receive the newsletter you will pass it on, share it with family and friends.  Awareness is key!

I have also finished working on the race registration brochure.  I am ordering a prototype through my favorite site - Vistaprint - and then I have someone who makes them as his donation to our event.  Can't wait to see them.  I will post one when it is all up and ready.  They will go out for registration in early May, so be ready.  Put August 25th on your calendar if you are anywhere in the Connellsville or surrounding areas and can come.  Don't go on vacation!  Don't go on a long weekend!  Come and support our event and help us increase the amount we made last year to give to our foundation.

I worked today as well.  This month I am working as a substitute school nurse 3 times.  More than I wanted to this year, but it worked out that I got the notice far enough ahead of time, I could do it.  The money will be nice.  Working the week after the time change is never easy.  The kids were bonkers and tired.  Plus it was 71 degrees and beautiful outside, so recess tried to kill me.

I could not work without the help of my wonderful neighbors the Gealls and the Martins.  They make it possible for me to go in by helping with the kids and the dog.  We are really lucky to have them who at a moments notice will help us when we are in a pinch.

Cainan had his first Lego Building class after school today.  He loves to build and play with Legos, so I thought this was a perfect fit for him.  He loved it.  It will go for the next 6 weeks for 2 1/2 hours on Mondays.  He is very excited.

Arlington had Brownies today, so we found ourselves running quite a bit this afternoon.  Finley was home alone for about 1 hour and she couldn't believe it.  She didn't know what to do with herself.

Tomorrow is even crazier.  I have a doctor's appointment.  I am volunteering in Finley's class.  I am getting a large amount of stuff ready for Boys and Girls Club to come and pick up.  Finley has Daisies.  We have puppy school.  And at the end of the day - the dreaded Transitional meeting. 

Until then.....

1 comment:

The Kovalls said...

Lego class? That is AWESOME!