Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Camp x3 = peace for mommy

All three kids are in camp this week.  Arlington is at an all day softball training camp, and the littles are at a half day Gymnastics camp.

The mornings are bliss.

I love summer, don't get me wrong.  We have been having a blast, and I enjoy having whole days of beautiful weather to be outside and not having to rush.

But it is nice to be able to hear myself think for a few hours this week.  I ran a few errands....alone.  I worked in the garden....alone.  I didn't need to hear "I need a snack" or "mom so and so is touching me" for 3 blissful hours.

And I still have three days to enjoy it.

Arlington is really enjoying the softball camp.  It has been really (really) hot this week, but they are doing a lot of water games to off set the heat, and she doesn't seem to mind it.

Finley and Cainan have been having a great time at gymnastics camp.  The counselors are great, and the kids love them.  Finley has even made a little friend, which was awesome.  She actually asked someone to play!!  That never happens.  She is so shy around new people.  I was proud of her.  Cainan is his regular maniac self and loving it.

Today was insanely busy.  All my fault for signing up for a bunch of stuff on one day.  The kids had camp and then we dropped Cainan off at a Lego camp from 3-4:30.  It is a free weekly program that our local library is offering.  He loved it.  We have signed him up for it for the whole summer.  His favorite thing - Legos, and my favorite thing - FREE.

The girls and I went to the library for that hour and a half while he was at the class.  We had a nice time perusing the children's section and reading some books.  Only downside was Finley wanted to bring half the library home with her.

After that we ran home to eat a quick dinner and then we were off to Kumon.  Arlington wasn't pleased she had to go, but Mat is out of town today, so she didn't have a choice.  She read during the hour we were there and miraculously survived.

After Kumon we went BACK to the library for a FREE Magic program.  It was really cute, and the kids had a great time.  Cainan even got picked to help with one of the tricks, which he loved.

By the time we got home it was after 8pm and the kids were ready for bed.  Baths, books, and bed and within a half hour after the last kiss goodnight, all was quiet.

Tomorrow will be calmer.  And Mat will be home.  All will be perfect.

No comments: