Saturday, February 7, 2015

41

Today is Mat's 41st birthday.  He has crossed the line into old manhood.  ha ha.  I am sure he would appreciate that statement.

Today we spent the day watching it snow and running Arlington to two basketball games.  This evening we left the kids with the babysitter and went to a movie (although it was an awful one, it was worth going out).

Mat is a wonderful man.  He is kind and caring.  He is a great dad.  He is the hardest worker I know.  I don't think he has ever told a lie in his entire life.  We are lucky to have him as the head of our family.



And, as always, this day with so much joy brings a wave of sadness.  The loss of my other Matt - my Godbrother - 12 years ago to a senseless accident is never far from our minds.  He is in my mind every day.  I always wonder what he would have been like now.  Would he have a wife and kids?  Would he be a famous conductor?  What I do know is that he would still be the wonderful person he always was.

Now he is in heaven and I know he was there to greet my Gram this past November.  She always called him "her little boyfriend" and they had a great bond.  And now they are up there together.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!